Pages

21 April 2013

18 Weeks and Counting

It's hard to believe it has already been 18 weeks since we welcomed Olivia into the world. I feel like it was just last week I was learning how to hold her, studying her gently and working on getting the perfect latch. After many short weeks of learning each other Olivia is a healthy almost 14 pound baby. Her floppy head that needed support is now strong and (for the most part) sturdy. Her once tired eyes are now locked in on mine while we play or wildly searching the room for new objects. She responds to her name and has a few favorite songs. Her hands grasp for everything, though her hand-eye coordination still needs a bit of work. At  around 15 weeks she began flirting with me while eating, making eye contact at first and now has moved on to touching my face and having a "conversation" with me in between suckles. Around 16 weeks she found her feet and hasn't lost interest yet. And just last week she rolled over for the first time.
How can my baby girl be changing so quickly?
I know that this is only the beginning of the dramatic transformations we'll be witnessing and am trying my hardest to hold on to every precious moment. I will never look on back these days and regret an extra kiss, or an extra snuggle. I don't want to look back and wish I did more with my daughter. Today is important for both she and I.

Today I will make her feel loved and safe. And every day after today for the rest of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment