Pages

16 November 2012

You Are What Happened When I Wished Upon a Star

You can imagine that news of having a baby is seriously life altering. But for some reason, the impact is so much more now that I know that she is a little girl. It's not more impactful simply because she is a girl, but it does feel more solidified and real just knowing her sex. That may sound silly to most, but knowing what she is allows me to picture her growing up. I daydream about her, what she'll look like, what sports she'll play, and her little voice calling me mommy.

I often think about how I'm really the only one who knows her right now. And she knows me. She knows  my voice, my touch, my breaths.... I know when she's sleeping and I swear the little peanut actually starts kicking me when she's hungry. And the craziest thing about all this is that no one else understands or can possibly appreciate what all of this means to me. It's deeply personal that only she and I understand.

The very first baby item I bought, when I was just 7 or 8 weeks along, was a Google onsesie. I was on my first trip to California to visit the Google Campus in Mountain View. At this point very few people knew about my pregnancy. I shared the info with my co-worker, Jill, and she happily snapped a picture of me and the onesie. I actually ended up buying a cuter one with cookie monster on it.


A few months later I did buy my first girlie item: a hot pink diaper cover with ruffles with a hot pink headband to match. I've also bought a few cloth diapers, some warmer clothing items, and some decorative items for her room. I'm not the best at decorating, and Doug says her room looks to cluttered. But we've been blessed with so many fantastic hand-me-downs that she already has so much stuff!!!


Decoration Idea


I actually started writing this post back in September. It's now November 16th and I have just 19 days left until my due date. I've been neglecting this blog, my household chores, sleep....but it's all worth it. You see, in just a few weeks I will have a daughter. She will completely change my life and I'll be in charge of shaping hers. She'll come into this world knowing that she needs me. And I already know how badly I need her. So all this hard work, long hours, doctors appointments, household changes and preparation will pay off. We'll have a family- Me, Doug, Baby Girl, Karma, Pepper and Senior Gato. Quite the full house, huh?

I'll leave you with a sneak peak of our maternity shoot we had 2 weeks ago. I haven't seen the rest of the photos yet and simply can't wait! I'll also follow up with a few other posts about cloth diapering, my health and wellness during pregnancy, and some other baby-related items. Thanks for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment